Friday, January 27, 2006

"We should all be working with dogs"

Longtime hey?
I'm sorry Kim, I realise now that it IS my responsibility to distract you from whatever it is you get paid to do in that shiny air conditioned environment.
Where have I been?
Hanging out with a cowboy who looks remarkably like the Milky Bar Kid of course.
Getting to know Brunswick quite intimately in the process. I even have my own blockbusting video card there now.
Wearing the same dress for 3 days and noting that it is getting as black as the soles of my feet. Yes, getting MESSY Dell, you would be impressed! Playing in the park until the rest of the world gets up and passes through on their way to work. Walking back to boyfiend's place at sunrise. Catching a glimpse of a smacky ho ho reflected in the window of Esprit and realising "oh that's me" before adjusting the plastic rose in my hair so that it is just so.

HAPPY INVASION DAY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIMON!
Like most days of late, it was HOT!
Went to the Corner, it's changed huh. Had to wait for a 5 yr old to finish with the pool table before we could have a go.

Things are grand, see:





***
Sitting on a rooftop yesterday evening, I watched a trail of blacksmoke creep accross the sky just beneath the clouds. But then it got dark quickly and it was almost impossible to see.

6 comments:

dell said...

arrr, sounds lovely to me. little nemo's not dead. i spoke to him on the phone a few days ago. he was cheerful and interstate so never fear.

still very BORING though isn't it.

Anonymous said...

Hola Jen JEn.
Wow... it sounds like you are spending the horrible MElbourne summer in the best possible way. SO happy that you are smacky and messy and having lots of fun. SPain continues to be brill. ESpecially now in GRanada where i am staying at one of the best hostels ever. Everyone here is either studying art, literature or politics... I have been having wanky conversations into the wee hours... just the way I like it. ALso. Free tapas. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
wELL, miss ya heaps. Don´t burn up.
LOve Cara xoxoxoxoxox
OH, you do realise you called the milky bar kid your ´boyfiend´... heheh, he must be a real devil. PLus also: So adorable.

Djali said...

Yikes! I did not realise I had written 'boyFIEND', guess I should be more careful, take my glasses off and proof-read more often, hey. But yes there are lots of plusses, and I think I might be finding myself in for more than I had initially bargained, ooh.

Anonymous said...

Heh. Sorry, didn´t mean to be a spelling nazi... but well, you know me... What did you initially bargain for? I am intruigued and need to know more...........

Simon. said...

yair well i'm back now.
he does look remarkably like the milky-bar kid, i was wondering where he'd gone.

Djali said...

Cara, I think I was initially just in it for the food. See, now that I have been taken out for duck and enjoyed a parma in a pub for the first time I'm starting think; well maybe it doesn't have to be all so cuisine orientated.

Quio? why GC?