Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Dear Diary


We went to the Supper Club and now I have no money.

So many parties, much of them based around the pretty people of Polly.

A previously postponed Polly Christmas Party was okay, but I had to go home and have a lie down rather earlier than my usual sign-out time - never do cope well when the drinks are free and this time the shots were coming out furiuosly on little trays.

I took my first Sunday off in months so I could actually go out on a Saturday night (Woo!). So when I was let off work @ 11pm Saturday I grabbed my bandit mask and fencing sword and headed for the big smoke like I imagined everyone else must do on a Saturday night. I arrived late but well armed for Leigh's Last Shift at Polly Party, which in the style of John Farhnam's Finale Tour, was really just the beginning of a long succession of farewell Leigh gatherings. Got to taste Cristal here (ridiculous).

A Superhero House Warming for Annastasia's Simon moving into Paul's. Just caught the very end of it at around sometime when the sun was rising after Leigh's Last Shift party. Bandit mask and fencing sword came in better use here.

Had drinks at Comfortable Chair last Wednesday, got to meet Chris's lovely girlfriend and didn't have to talk about the Commonwealth Games. I didn't get that comfortable in my chair though - the crowed was crap, apart from us of course, and some guy behind the bar asked me if I'd like a glass of milk (grrr!).

I'm sure there has been more but I forget; only just recovered from a late night @ the Supper Club. We were celebrating Chris (a different Chris) turning 30 and I was probably saying goodbye to Leigh again and again. Anyway, I learnt something that night that I'm sure is only going to destroy me financially in the future, and that is: Wine is really, really nice when you say to a waiter "here, take this money, I don't need it, and because I know nothing about wine, HERE! (handing them the wine list) You choose!" And that ladies and gentlemen is how you get yourself a really nice bottle of wine that surprises you with a Leunig cartoon on the label. (How cute!) But You must be careful when drinking wine if you are even just a little like me. Too much wine makes you think you own the world. I however, was fortunate enough to have somebody like Matt there to help me. Put me back down where I belong like a professional. Did that weird grabbing thing just above my knee, and in seconds I was on the floor, and hit my head on the table on my way back up, Ha! What fun hey?!

Oh, one last thing: Goodbye Leigh, hope Edinburgh is good to you, Bon Voyage and all that goodhappy travelling stuff. I'm Sorry I cannot come to the airport, it's a clash with Coheed and Cambria, but I promise I will still be waving to your plane this evening anyways. Look out for me if you can, I'm small I know, but I will be wearing my fluoro orange skirt so you should be able to still spot me. Goodbye, goodbye...oh (sniff).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear jen (one n) (but i guess you knew that because this is your site and i'm posting something on it, but yeah)

So like i'm all in scotland and stuff, it's kinda cold. no not really that bad. I found sam and tom and they are oh so wonderful, spent my first night after getting off the plane sleeping on tom's couch. His house is in the middle of a golf coarse.. seriously, it's like the old grounds keepers residence or something.. need to look for a place and a job fast, couches are uncomfortable and there are about five other people kinda living in the house... One of them is from kangaroo ground!! first thing you learn is there actually aren't any scottish people in scotland.. weird huh

anyway i've got to go and look at houses to move into so yeah gotta go, just thought i might say hi

x

Djali said...

Oh Nanashi Traveling (Leigh),

How wonderul it is to hear from you. Been complaining a lot lately about the sudden lack of Leigh about this place. Had a funny dream the other night too, dreamt you never really went to Scotland (see I haven't quiet come to terms with the loss just yet) - you missed your plane and then had second thoughts about going, ended up hiding out with Kim for a while in weird hilly and undevolped blocks of land in Research and Eltham, but then I found you and laughed at you...sorry.

Kangaroo Ground hey? Why are there so many randoms from Kangaroo Ground floating about the place? The general store not enough for them these days?

No Scottish people in Scotland hey? Yes it seemed to take Cara a while also before she could report on her first Scotsman encounter, and I guess it's like I always says, Scotland's biggest export is people. Still, that can only mean good things when it comes to looking for house's; couches and jobs to call your own. Plus, if it wasn't for Scotland crapulence (and I mean that in both sences of the word - the real one and my imagined one)) I would never have been made. So... Och! Don't forget to drink to that when ye next down the pub wi ye mates will ye me wee laddie. Heh!

X

Djali said...

Hmm... I just read that last reply over again and realised that it reads like I'm being all smug and assuming Scotland is no good, which is just not true on what I really think. Truth is, I wish I was there and not here, Melbourne is still very hot for March and getting too polished and suddenly sports focussed for me. Was moaning with Martin this morning, we reckon Scotland and Ireland are the places for us. Somewhere where it's ok to sit inside drinking all day and scowl at the customers we don't like. Also I hear the live music is better, thicker. And Cara says Scotland is the most Left voting country in the world, cool huh? I reckon maybe you should not come back, stay put and I'll push with this movement that seems to have started - the Spiritually Brunswick Street Based People are going to Scotland Movement.

Sherriff said...

These places are all so familiar to me. Perhaps we have bumped heads as we passed through the door. Or sipped drinks with our backs to each other. 'tis a nice thought.

Anonymous said...

Hello from Prague where I have become the all-round Uno World Champion runner up... yes, exciting times for all Australians. Anyway, Jen, do you remember the ad for Uno that went a little something like this: "Draw two, Draw four, SUFFER!" Everyone thinks I am making things up, but I swear I can't be that demented. Alright now I have made you suffer my Uno and beer related insanity, I am off. Cara xox
PS Scotland Rulzors to the Maxzor

Anonymous said...

hey there little jenni-penny... so i was bored the other day and i decided that, welll when in rome right?, I'm gonna set myself up a little blog. Just like you! name is nanashiX... come a vistiting!