Monday, July 09, 2007

SAD

I think I will stay in bed today.
No, not all the hype of PIXAR at ACMI and the thought that I might disappoint Jim in my absense will drag me out.
I read an article about Seasonal Affective Disorder in the weekend papers and now I think I have it.
I think I need some sun. I don't get much of it these days. I'm usually up before it's light to spend a lot of time in office spaces without windows or occasionally in a dark gallery sharpening pencils in the children's corner. It seems the only spare time I have is in the dark and cold evenings which makes me just want to spend it curled up in bed with a comforting book and whatever cheap red will have me.

Been listening to a lot of Nick Cave lately
and finding meaning in taking pictures like this:

Grey Day


Simon says I should just think of all the infinate love, I'm not sure I know what that means or if I'd recognise it if it started humping my leg right now but it does sound nice.

Also I have an essay well and truely overdue. I kinda made it my life and now it seems I might be failing my life.

... and three parking fines unpaid



I blame the weather for this.

5 comments:

dell said...

humping your leg...
HA.
you mightn't recognise it, but you'd probably take a liking to it...

rhymes with pony said...

good point dell.
mb give your boozy w/end a few days to wear off.
that usually does the trick.
and yes you are right pixar schmixar. I still think its good for acmi. and the next show is so obscure it should confuse the returning crowds sufficiently to make it all worth it.
Hand that essay in before it drowns you.
:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Lil' Jeps,
Come have a cuppa with me soon. I have a new heater in the kitchen that will keep you warm and I will do a little dance to make you smile. Maybe I will make scones and cream.

Djali said...

Takes one to know one Hell :)

Are you talking about Resfest Ronan? I'm kinda curious about that one.

Hullo Xara, can we make pumpkin scones and throw flour at each other like we did in grade 3, like in Morvan Callar? (It's a really good film, see it.) Sunday afternoon? I'll bring the cumquat marmalade and Morvan.

X

Sherriff said...

*humps leg*

Just, you know, checking.