Thursday, November 24, 2005

My life is a mess, my hair is a mess, ohwell.

Greg was 22 on the 22nd, how excitment! And to celebrate we went out last night and did stuff, all on whims - which i think is the best and only way to do things in this current emotional climate. Much of the best cannot be blogged or captured on camera because it is of the stuff that dwindles the moment you touch it...or maybe I just dreamt it.

At some point Greg may have expressed a desire to go the the St Andrews Pub for a parma.*

We went to the Short Crap Film Festival @ Loop. Some films were actually crap, but they were all short.

We went to Ding Dong (mostly because I had never been before and something had to be done about that), it was quiet, maybe because the band sounded like Creed or maybe cos it was Wednesday. A shot of Jaeger brought tears to my eyes. I walked into the boys toilets by accident (seems to be happening to me a lot lately), nothing lewd happening like at Revolter so this time I just turned around and went to the girls.

Greg and Kylie began to make the long trek home at a sensible hour - work in the morning & post exam stress.

Kim and I decided we needed more. We went to Polly for a change. People there claimed that I went to school with them, they seemed to know a lot about the school and kim and i so i took their word for it. One of them was doing magic tricks. By this stage drinks seemed to be coming fast and out of nowhere (oh, except, of course, for the drinks that you, leigh, poured for me, i always notice those) so i asked if they could make themselves disapear, and you know what? They did.

I met the gorgeous Kate. And when i did she said "Finally", which I thought was such a nice thing to say that I think it deserve a mention.

I flipped my first bird ever, but only cos Brad asked so politely. It was a night of firsts.

Then it got ugly. I found myself behind the bar in a scottish accent. It was at this point Leigh decided it was time to take me home.

Zoooooooom, I think we flew home. Ani was very loud, we were very loud. We flew home smiling and singing, kicking and squealing. I pronounced that "Fuck You" was my favourite Ani song, i don't know why. Somehow one last bottle of beer made it with us into the car.

Then I crash landed home and these were the last words i wrote:

" I smash home as if I weren't.
The door slides,
I don't feel that I would choose a door
that slides.
My ears are full,
brimming and ringing,
Mind packed with cotton wool.
I am not here
by choice
I see
and I see my handwriting.
Would I really choose this style?
How much of this is mine?
...I think i will be sick"

GENIUS

See I always knew there was a poet in me somewhere, i was just never drunk enough...no, I was.

Ha XX

*Sorry greg, maybe when it's not your birthday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh so much fun and frivolity that night... I woke up at 8am and realised that I had to get to work by 9. I also realised that my dad had already left without me, that I badly needed to shave, and finally that I was still slightly drunk. To cut a long... long... painful... waaaay to bright... thirsty story short, I got 'counselled' at work (aka yelled at) for being late, and I forgot my security pass which made me even more late. Oh woe is me.

But I got better

Haha,I remember those so called 'eltham college' people at polly. I worked at coles with one of them, and the magic trick guy was one of my brothers friends.
Of all the gin joints in all the world!

Gin!

arrrgh

rhymes with pony said...

sounds fern

Anonymous said...

Eltham College sucks

Kay Adams said...

That was a very cute read.


GENIUS indeed.