Monday, December 19, 2005

Polly Parties are Good. And I'm not particularly interested in grammar at the moment.


People get very friendly. So I made a lot of new friends. I talk nonsense to Enzo and he doesn't mind, in fact I think he likes it. Murray is always a cowboy and a perfect gentleman simultaneously. Dave recognised me from a Radiohead concert that was a long time ago. Wow, ego boost. Seth is back in town and wants to take the boys sailing, hope I get an invite even though I'm a girl. I'm a good sailor you know. Runs in my blood. I met Adam at his 25th birthday party, he lives in a converted pub. There is a well in the cellar for some reason. Everyone went to the Eltham Fruitbowl when they were 14-15 except me. Everyone seems to have an enormous tv from the sixties except me. There is lots I don't have at the moment. Cookie is getting married soon.Hooray for Cookie. Matt is leaving Polly very soon. Boo for Matt, well not really...well yeah actually a bit. Hannah is very generous and looks after you when it all gets too much. Let's you stay in her house and you don't even have to ask. She's also the perfect host, and smiles at you in the morning no matter what you look like. She hosts a Ladies Day every Monday, I want in. Tom is kind too. Poor Tom got very tired and had to have a lie down on the floor behind the bar. Must stop assuming friends are dead just because they aren't answering their phone. There are other possible explanations. Just because you think you can moonwalk doesn't necessarily make it so. Rolling spliffs is much easier than people make out. But it's nice when people regard you highly at parties for such a learnable skill. Some rabbits are quite sociable. It is possible to survive a few days on nothing but beer, wine and various spirits and cocktails. But it starts to hurt after a while. Chin up, there'll be more tonight.

No comments: