Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Kidnapped



It's a little motif that's been running through my life lately. People seem to want to take me places these days and I'm not used to being taken. Today I'm being taken to the zoo by a boy who looks a little like Harry Potter...well he has blond hair and tatoos but asides from that...maybe if you shut your eyes. Anyway both his parents are magicians and I like animals and magic so it's hard for me to say no.

Went to see The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe yesterday, even though it is for Christians. Goddam that lion is wonderous, I just want to hug him, and Tilda Swinton's hair looks better than ever, but above all: Mr Tumnus is sexy. Unfortunatley the children were a bit annoying, somehow Lucy managed to ruin huge chunks of most scenes with her smartarse comebacks and general air of goody-two shoes smugness. Peter is a knob. But Edmund was much more likeable than I imagined from the books, perhaps just by comparison with the others and perhaps just because he looks like a long lost brother of mine. Leigh pointed out that this film must have been difficult to make since they have worked with both animals and children at the same time, often in the same scene. However I think the children we CGIed in later in some post production trickery.

I caught up with a lot of relatives on Christmas day. Lot's of people are having babies at the moment. I got invites to stay in places all round the world. London sounds exciting but I'm a bit dubious about Dubai. I also got news about family members that I missed in the papers. My cousin's husband was nearly kidnapped in Afganistan a few days ago, while flogging some satellite communications stuff while in the city. Strange men drove into the back of his car and chased him. But he had some British armed guards of some description with him that got out of the car and apparently fired a few shots and scared them away. Some people say "wow, exciting stuff happens in your family", but I think I could do with a little less excitement.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

London is exciting.
Kidnap yourself and come and see me there.
Cara is ronery for her Jenni-me...

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Tegan and Sara, you must come and see them... so cute! As cute as Tumnus

dell said...

well miss. there'd be worse things than being so popular. did you see the monkeys at the zoo?

Djali said...

Maybe.