Thursday, June 15, 2006

The Blue Velvet Fog Stopped Working Yesterday.

I was on my way to a job interview and I was going to be late.

My brother and I had to walk along Main Rd together. I carried my good shoes in a brown paper bag and let important papers fall from my folder like the last and forgotton few autumn leaves as I stuggled to keep up and my mobile went nuts.

ME: Simon, this is crap, I feel poor, I feel like that family in the "Grapes of Wrath" carrying all this stuff and looking for work, it's embarrassing.

SIMON: Yes, I hate walking along Main Rd too; I can feel everyone having a good look at me as they drive passed.


A car goes passed with a yelling head sticking out at us.


SIMON: Why do they do that, I can never understand what it is that they are saying?

ME: I bet a bus comes passed right now, we should have got a bus!


A bus goes passed


ME: Fuck


An old lady gives me an evil.


SIMON: Stop swearing!

ME: Not you. (To the old lady)

Simon I'm getting all sweaty, Simon I'm going to be smelly in my interview!


We are arriving at the station

SIMON: Don't worry you have fortyfive minutes on the train to air off, you'll be fine, here, change your shoes and I'll take your old ones home with me. Take my ticket, it'll save time buying one. Don't foget to call them on the train and apologise for being late and don't worry, you'll be fine. Goodluck!



I like my little brother, somewhere we must have changed places, he looks after me now. He's always the calm, sensible one when I'm busy constructing quaint moments of crisis. Thank you Simon.

2 comments:

rhymes with pony said...

great picture.

Djali said...

Yeah, pretty huh. It's a Terry Ross illustration from "Hare and Badger go to Town", a childrens' book, one of my old favourites.