Wednesday, June 07, 2006

What I need

I just got back from an interview with a recruiting agency. I told them I was hoping for "...An entry level position with the opportunity to develop, (...) I'm really hoping for something like front-of-house reception and associated administrative tasks, (...) for a company with a creative edge would be a bonus." They are offering me an interview for a position as a mailroom clerk for a law firm (guh!). I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't know I could make more money pulling beers and banging out lattes and which I'd rather be doing anyway. It's a shame, I simply cannot see a future in my brief affair with the hospitality (so-called) "industry", and I was just getting to know my wines, but, it's time to move on.

I was feeling a bit lost,
So, I took Dell's advice;
I tried it.

• Jen needs to have a session or two with a therapist.
• Jen needs to be a My Little Pony!
• Jen needs a break.
• Jen needs your help
• Jennifer needs a cold shower
• Jennifer needs a smack daddy
• Jen needs to get a life
• Jenny needs to demonstrate more self control
• Jenny needs to curb her socializing in class
• DJ JEN NEEDS YOU!!!
• Jennifer needs to be in a mental health facility RIGHT NOW
• Jen needs friends
• Jen needs him
• Jen needs a new gun petition
• Jen needs more time to work through her part in the dissolution
• Jen needs to stop shopping
• Jen needs to do something with her physical self
• Jen needs to eat a meal
• Jen needs the money
• Jen needs to get over it
• Jen needs to forgive her mother
• Jen needs to find a self righteous, conspicuous "I'm better than you" charitable position.
• Jen needs your feedback


It's true, I do need to be a My Little Pony and in an "I'm better than you" position.

I new gun petition wouldn't go astray either.

But, some of this seems rather insensitive, why does my google needs list have to so immediatly call my mental stability into question?

12 comments:

rhymes with pony said...

you need to be a my little pony
and i am one!
what is a smack daddy? i think i know.

Djali said...

I'm not sure what a smack daddy is, I think it might be the antithesis to a sugar mama.

Simon. said...

jen needs to have a good hard look at the order of this list: do you really want to be looking at your part in the dissolution after your stay in the mental health facility? It might tip you back over the edge. I say; cold shower, money, meal, smack daddy, and don't worry about the rest.

you could substitute "forgive mother" for smack daddy, if you must.

Nanashi Travelling said...

jen needs... I'm not gonna say, she just needs herself

Djali said...

Hey, what's that supposed to mean?!

rhymes with pony said...

mmm cryptic

Djali said...

Rony, you are a pony!

Nanashi Travelling said...

Nothing.. only that you just need you or something... I was trying to be nice or something but that's ok, i won't do it again

Djali said...

Oh no, don't stop being nice, I need that, it makes me brave. I'm sorry, I was just playing, I did not mean to bite.

Nanashi Travelling said...

Oh it's ok for biting, i'm up to date with all my tetnis etc injections anyway so i should be fine..

dell said...

jen needs a kiss on the cheek and whatever if she doesn't i already gave it. so there. x

Djali said...

Awwe Dell, thanks. X