Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Ouch, I have lost myself again

I don't really know what I will do with all this life and it appears there is an awful lot of it left.
I don't want to be my mother, but what am I going to do instead?
Half way through lunch I noticed the weevils in my cous cous.

I think I might break

I've been watching the finale episode of Six Feet Under and I have that last song in my head, going round and round.
Help...
... it's doing things to me ... I think...

Simon me gave a run down on all the behind-the-scenes technical aspects and difficulties they must have faced in it's making; like why it goes all jumpy and sped up when they switch from film to some kind of HD. I wanted to share my literary annalysis of David's confrontation with his red-hooded demon, but no one cares. Where are you Cara, you would care, where are you?

Luke says I shouldn't try to apply a literary annalysis to everything; like Vice Magazine, for example. - This is something we argue about, we did it again in Black Cat just yesterday. - I say you can, that everything is a text, and that reading into it all too much is what makes us human... But yes, I do see how some might think it can be a dangerous and silly thing to compare your own life with a story...maybe... and so is smoking ... and so is keeping a blob. Cheers all those things that we might do secretly or alone sometimes.

9 comments:

jeut said...

Haha, ahhh, Vice magazine. May I ask why you are taking ANYTHING in that magazine seriously? :-P

"I don't really know what I will do with all this life and it appears there is an awful lot of it left."

make a choice - preferably ambitious, but not TOO ambitious, haha - and run with it. It doesn't matter if you make the wrong choice. there is NO wrong choice, except doing nothing at all and wasting away.

Simon. said...

jeep w[h]y me? these verification letters are getting more and more apt. soon i'll have to give up on the horoscope and just consult blogger comments instead.

in the past i found that dressing up and going out can use up acres of spare life. not that productive though.

Anonymous said...

Hello Jen Jen.
Don't get lost. I need you always to dissect with me that which is small and unimportant to everyone else.
I have been reduced to attempting to analyse literature with David.
We just read the same book.
When I asked him what he thought of the narrator he said he wanted to stab him with a swiss army knife.
Maybe I should come home.
Because I am almost out of life plan.
One more week of sex, drugs and rock and roll in Denmark and then I am officially floating, drifting, coasting...
Argh.

Rowena said...

People always say "life's too short", but like you, I sometimes think it's too long, and wonder how the hell I'm going to fill in the time.

(I've probably just jinxed myself into a sudden and early death now)

rhymes with pony said...

you can apply literary analysis to everything,
but *yawn
its too easy to intellectualise into a dull cardboard box of experience. Maybe an infinetly regressing one. not sure how that would work, maybe like that show at acca but less fun.
i know what you mean about the don't know what to do with your time thing.
+twiddles thumbs
camping trip
cake baking
volunteering at salvos
dressing up as a construction worker and pretending to, or actually doing, some building on the street.
make a film
knit
follow someone around all day
i guess thats why we watch so much tv in this country.

Anonymous said...

It's okay rabbits, you've just gotta be that way sometimes

Nanashi Travelling said...

oh i know this one... is this the story about the girl and it ends with fireworks under the sky and the way that the warmth on her face made her feel safe?

Djali said...

Oh Leigh, I haven't a clue to what you are talking about, but it sounds lovely all the same. Hello old friend :)

Nanashi Travelling said...

well i don't think i know what i was talking about either, but if it was pretty then maybe that was all it was supposed to be... you just sounded like you needed to hear something pretty, like a little dooor in the side of a highland hill that opens into the largest ballroom in the world, and everyone is there without their people masks on, there's colour and love and pretty music played by instruments with all their strings missing...