Saturday, March 15, 2008

I went to Thailand and now I'm back.

I'll talk about it some other time.

I work at ACMI now. I sort of love it. Even though I don't do very much and get paid well for it. and I'm so incredibly tired from working about 50hrs this week with ridiculous 7am starts that I can't really be bother to think or punctuate to do your reading eyes justice.

Today a man confronted me in ACMI about an alleged conversation I had with him last week at ACMI where I apparently "called" him gay. I almost laughed it seemed so absurd and enquired as to how he thought this might have come up in the conversation with me in the ACMI foyer. He pointed to the Sesame Street-like letters that spell out 'Queer' by the escalators advertising the Queer Film festival and he said I must have thought he was gay because of the festival and because he was visiting the Game On exhibition with a male friend. All I could think to say was "but that just doesn't sound like something I'd say" while I wished a small child would fall down the stairs and start bleeding profuslely just so I didn't have to continue perhaps the most awkward conversation I think I've ever been undeservably trapped. How do you tell someone how uninterested you are about how gay or not gay they are without sounding like a member of parliment trying to closet their inherent conservatism. And then I twigged that 'game' sort of sounds like 'gay' if you aren't really listening and suggested that I may have said something about him and his friend perhaps being "a couple of GAME enthusiasts" since they'd asked me if they could have unlimited re-entry. And so I think I won and he walked away probably feeling like the idiot that I think really is. ha ha.

And then Luke T came and found me and mentioned he's going travelling and he might go visit Simon in Shanghai. And I remembered that I miss Simon. And realised that I now miss Cara too. And then I spent two hours staring at my reflection in the glass opposite me while I was working in the cloakroom. I started feeling a bit sad ... and I still do. Maybe it's just cos I've been working so much and I'm tired and haven't had time to see anyone or do anything fun since I got back.

And my love life is so... i don't know...

4 comments:

dell said...

i love this picture miss jen

Anonymous said...

why thank you Dell :)

sublime-ation said...

welcome back.

what a strange conversation...

Anonymous said...

www.thailand-traveling.com